Stretch music to a tempo in Ableton Live 9. Stretching music to a tempo in Ableton Live 9 without decreasing audio quality.
To stretch music in time with Live 9:
1. Put audio in the arrangement view and disable warp mode.
2. Move the start marker to the beginning of a musical phrase, like the first beat of a bar.
3. Crop it to an even number of bars, such as four bars.
4. Adjust the length of it with transposition to align with the same number of bars in Live's Beat Time Ruler. Zoom in and make adjustments if necessary.
5. We now have music in time with the BPM of the Live set.
If you wish the music to play back at its original pitch, enable warp mode and high quality mode, change the warping algorithm to "complex pro" and pitch it back down to zero.
Track at the end:
Reggie Watts on CoCo:
Tags: Stretch music to a tempo in Ableton Live 9, warp, music production, remixing, editing, mac, computer, tunes, sample, tutorial, how to, ableton live 9, synthesis, high quality, high-end, frequency, expression, beats, skrillex, edm, electronic dance music, jack u, synth, audio production, bass, treble, sound, quality, mickmonproductions, soundcloud, reggie watts, rework, melody, trap, hiphop, famous, DJ, dillon francis, dancing