How to Install Heated Grips on a Motorcycle. How to Install Heated Grips on a Motorcycle
African winters can be cold too, so I purchased a set of Oxford Adventure Hot Grips for my 2017 Honda NC750x.
In this DIY how-to video, I show you step-by-step, how to install these premium heated grips to the handlebars of my motorcycle - without trimming them, thanks to a pair of custom-made handlebar extenders.
Since installing the HotGrips, I have used them many times and I am very satisfied with how well they work and how much more comfortable they have made cold weather commuting.
a. Access the battery compartment
b. Connect and test the HotGrips
c. Prepare the wiring
1. Remove the original grips
2. Remove any excess glue, residue or grease
3. Carefully remove the knurling from the throttle slider (The HotGrips should still fit tightly)
4. Carefull remove any rubber flashing that gets in the way
5. Test fit the HotGrips (without glue). Recommended position: Arrow downward. Check that the throttle, clutch and brake levers still operate freely
6. Carefully apply grip glue to the throttle slider/handlebar and HotGrip. Bear in mind that any excess glue will be forced along the handlebar/slider and could pool at the end
7. Quickly and firmly but carefully fit the HotGrips
8. Reinstall the bar end weights
9. Install the switch and bracket on the clutch clamp
10. Confirm where the wiring will go
11. Connect the wiring looms
12. Protect the connectors using waterproof insulation tape or shrink tubing
13. Use cable ties to safely secure all of the wiring. Ensure that any excess wiring is gathered and cable tied in the battery compartment
14. Make sure the wiring doesn't snag on anything when the motorcycle is in operation or the handlebars are turned
15. Connect the wiring directly to the battery terminals and reinstall the battery (red to (+), black to (-)
Please note that you follow these instructions entirely at your own risk. I cannot be held responsible for any damage or harm that may result from you installing and using this product.
Bike: 2017 Honda NC750x
Tags: How to Install Heated Grips on a Motorcycle, How to Install Heated Grips on a Motorcycle, install oxford hot grips, hot grips install, heated grips install, how to install, install heated grips, heated motorcycle grips, motorcycle heated grips, hotgrips, fitting, oxford hot grips, oxford heated grips, heated grips, hot grips, oxford, oxford heaterz, motorcycle, grips, heated, install, installing, diy, easy, how-to, tutorial, cold, honda, kawasaki, suzuki, yamaha, ktm, nc750, heated grips installation motorcycle, best heated motorcycle grips