1 Mile Track Race Tips - The 1600 Meter Run. http://www.tips4running.com/1-mile-tips.html
Follow me on Twitter - http://bit.ly/TwitTiefsa
Facebook - http://bit.ly/t4rFace
Tips4Running on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/tips4running
Coach Tief's Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/tiefsa
Here are the one mile track tips in case you didn't see the video above!
Get into shape before the Track Season.
1. Don't go out to fast. You want to start fast, but stay relaxed.
2. Make a move in the middle. I tried to always run the middle 400 meters fast. This was from 600 meters to 1000 meters I would try to get into good position for the finish.
3. Run big. Don't let people cut you off.
4. Set a goal time for each race. Know what time to shoot for at the 1/2 mile so you have a chance at that time toward the finish.
5. Race! This sounds silly, but it's a great tip. You have to run like a little kid and try to race someone to the finish. Get after it and kick it home.
Share your tips below!
Happy Trails - Coach Tief
Tags: 1 Mile Track Race Tips - The 1600 Meter Run, 1 Mile Track Race Tips, Track, Track And Field, Track & Field, 1600, 1500, 1 mile, Coach Tief, tips4running, Tips for Running, 1500 Meter Run, 1600 Meters