Linux Ubuntu 10.04 Server Install [META TechRats]. Very basic howto on installing Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Server.
To get going:
1) Browse to http://www.ubuntu.com
2) Download the SERVER (not desktop) version of 10.04 LTS (Long Term Support) - you need to chose 32 bit or 64 bit version depending on the architecture of the machine you're going to install on. If it's a server, it's almost for sure 64 bit and that's what you should go with
3) Burn the ISO to disk (I like ISO Recorder)
4) Pop the new CD into a machine that you want to turn into your server and turn on the server
5) Follow along with the video after the server boots off the CD
Tags: Linux Ubuntu 10.04 Server Install [META TechRats], linux, ubuntu, 10.04, server