How to install graphical Desktop in ec2 instance ubuntu14.04 (Linux) and access from windows pc. In this tutorial you will learn how to setup desktop and vnc in ec2 under ubuntu
1. Connect ssh to ec2 instance.
2. Become the super user after executing the command
3. Type the following commands to install vncserver:
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop
sudo apt-get install vnc4server
sudo apt-get install gnome-panel
4. Type the command vncserver once.
5. Remember the password you use for accessing the vncserver. Kill vncserver by typing the command
6. Type vi .vnc/xstartup and modify the file
# Uncomment the following two lines for normal desktop:
# exec /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc
gnome-session –session=gnome-classic &
7. Press ESC, followed by :wq to save and exit the file
8. Type vncserver again to start vncserver.
9. Download and install tightvnc to connect remote desktop from the following link
10. Now run tightvnc viewer
11. Add the port no 5901 in your ec2 security group
12. Write your public ip in remote host text box and port no.
13. Your desktop in ec2 instance is ready and execute the command vncserver after every restart.
Tags: How to install graphical Desktop in ec2 instance ubuntu14.04 (Linux) and access from windows pc, GNU/Linux (Operating System), Personal Computer (Video Game Platform), Graphical Installer, Microsoft Windows (Operating System), How-to (Website Category), Cloud Computing (Industry), Amazon.com (Venture Funded Company), Ubuntu (Operating System), tight vnc, Virtual Network Computing (Software), Remote Desktop Software (Software Genre)