Honda Element Instrument Cluster Solution For Reddit. As per a reddit thread, here’s a quick walk through of disassembling the instrument cluster for cleaning. This is on my 2005 Honda Element, but the principle is the same for any vehicle. Also per my dyslexia plus a few PBR’s, I switched a lot of the names of things like Tachometer, Speedometer, Odometer, etc.
Here are the steps if I wasn’t very clear;
1) Remove plastic side panel
2) Remove retaining screw for instrument cluster dash cover & pull it off
4) Remove 4 retaining screw around the instrument cluster
5) Remove electrical connectors, Cluster A & Cluster B
6) Remove Clear Plastic Instrument Cluster bezel component
(Steps 7, 8, and 9 are interchangeable)
6) Remove indication needles
8) Remove Black Cover of instrument cluster Bezel
9) Remove small plastic rings under indication needles
10) Remove face plate (has all the numbers and things on it)
11) Remove brass plated screws to drop back of the bezel off (white component)
12) Remove Odometer screen & plastic face plate mount
13) Clean, reflow, swap LED’s, whatever!
14) Reassemble in reverse order
Hope this was helpful, any questions, feel free to comment, etc.
Tags: Honda Element Instrument Cluster Solution For Reddit, honda element, instrument cluster, solution, fixed, honda element instrument cluster, honda element instrument cluster light fix, lights, short, short circuit, r/hondaelement, replace, repair instrument cluster, honda, element, flickering lights, LED lights, install, disassemble, compete disassembly, reflow, solder, reflow solder points