CS106A project setup in eclipse with acm.jar library. I show how to setup Eclipse to do Programming Assignment 6
Setting up the NameSurfer (programming assignment 6) project for CS106A
Make a new folder called myworkspace anywhere on your comptuer. We'll store the program here.
Go to File - Switch Workspace - Other - browse to myworkspace
1. Download the java files provided by CS106A assignment and put them in Assignment6 directory
2. Make sure acm.jar exists. It should be in the Assignment6 directory at this point.
3. Create a new Java Project.
3. Create a new Class file called Test and make the Package field blank so it uses the default package name.
4. Open the default package.
5. File - Import - file system (or archive if they're still zipped) - select all.
6. Make sure they are in the default package. Remove Test.java from step 3.
7. Go to project Properties - Java Build Path - Libraries - Add External JARs. Browse to acm.jar.
8. Make a new Run Configuration and make the name of the Main Class the java file you want to run. NameSurfer.
9. Click Apply then Run.
To further test you can put println in the in init method
Tags: CS106A project setup in eclipse with acm.jar library