How To add a custom image to your iPhone/iPod Touch SMS Background (Requires Jailbreak)!. A 'How-To' video on adding an image to your message background on your iPhone/iPod Touch!
Requires a Jailbroken iPhone/iPod Touch,
a 320x480 image,
iFIle + Winterboard (Both from Cydia)!
If you do not understand the video,
here are some steps to help you throught it:
1. Open Safari and search for an image with 320x480 in size (It helps to add that in the search title), Google Images preferred.
Find an image you would like to use and select it,
(When selected an image in Google Image Search, file size should be at the bottom-right of the screen, under the image. Make sure it is 320x480!)
and save it to your Camera Roll.
2. Open iFIle! Go to:
3. When in 'Themes' folder, press 'Edit', then '+' and type in:
(S-M-S-B should all be capitalized), then press 'Create'.
4. Press 'Done' at the top right then press the 'Open new tab' button at the bottom right, Press the '+' sign and select 'Local Directory'.
5. Select 'Media', then select 'DCIM'.
Scroll down to your last folder, select it.
Then scroll down to your last file in that folder,
open it to see if that's the correct image you want as your SMS Background.
Press Done after viewing.
6. Press 'Edit at the top right, select the image file.
Press the Clipboard at the bottom right and select 'Cut'. Press Done.
7. Press the bottom right icon, 'Open new tab' and select the previous tab made. Scroll down to find the folder you previously created called 'SMSBackground'. Select it. Once in the folder, press 'Edit' at the top right, press the Clipboard icon at the bottom right, and select 'Paste'.
8. Once file is pasted into the folder, press the blue arrow on the side of the file, and rename the file to:
(S-M-S-B must be capitalized. and '.png' is required at the end!)
Now press 'Done' at the top right, then 'Done' again.
9. Go back to your Home screen, open WInterboard.
10. Once in WInterboard, press 'Select Themes', then press/check 'SMSBackground'. Press 'Winterboard' tab on the top left, then press 'Respring'. Device will restart and turn back on automatically.
11. Open messages and enjoy your new SMS Background! (:
Tags: How To add a custom image to your iPhone/iPod Touch SMS Background (Requires Jailbreak)!, iPhone, Jailbreak, How To, Cydia, iFile, Winterboard, SMS, SMS Background, iPod Touch, Display Recorder, Screen Capture, Tutorial, Lady Gaga, Lana Del Rey, Jailbroken, iPhone 4S, iMessage, iMessage Background, Messages Wallpaper, iMessage Wallpaper, SMS Wallpaper, Wallpaper, Background, Background Image, Cydia Tweak, Helen Green, ARTPOP, National Anthem, Born To Die, Paradise, How-To