How to install Ubuntu 16.04 alongside Windows 7/8/8.1/10 easily (Dual booting).. In order to install Ubuntu 16.04 alongside Windows easily,follow the below steps:
1) Make a boot-able USB or DVD of Ubuntu 16.04.
2) Restart Your PC.
3) Press 'F12' while your PC is booting up.
4) Select USB or DVD ( whatever contains your boot-able Ubuntu) .
5) Then , Click on ' Install Ubuntu'.
6) Choose language.
7) Check 'Third party software to install'.
Note:If you miss this unchecked , your Wi-Fi will not function after installation .
8) in installation and partition process , choose ' something else' option.
9) make sure your windows OS contains only three or lesser primary drives , otherwise your won't get Ubuntu after installation.
Note: if you have four primary drives , format one of them and change it to logical drive , then create some space for Ubuntu by 'click on shrink' , 25 GB is more enough for Ubuntu 16.04.
10.1) After choosing ' something else ' option , choose 'free space ' , click on '+' and add 2GB as swap space , choose primary and select 'swap space' from drop down list) .
10.2) After adding 2GB swap space, go to on 'free space ' again , and click on '+' and reserve it for your Ubuntu OS , click on primary and choose root ' \ ' from drop down list , and click on 'install'.
11) Then wait for a while till installation completes
12) Restart Your PC.
13) Then you will get grub boat loader , which you can choose whichever OS you wanna sign in (either Ubuntu 16.04 or Windows X)
Tags: How to install Ubuntu 16.04 alongside Windows 7/8/8.1/10 easily (Dual booting)., Ubuntu, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 14.04, Linux, linux, Open Source Software, Dual boot, alongside windows, installation, dual booting ubuntu and windows, how to, linux mint, Kubuntu, new version of ubuntu, ubuntu desktop, dual booting of ubuntu and windows, installation windows alongside ubuntu, new ubuntu, algorithm, ubunt and windows, Debain, booting, installation steps, how, how to install, how to dual boot